In the media
Here is a selection of the mentions our work received in the public media (TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, etc.).
- 10 June 2015: SIC Noticias Exame Informática report on MAT project outcomes.
- 24 November 2014: Viva Porto publishes an article on the CARA Ano Zero Concert.
This was also reported in Time Out Porto (December 2014) and in the following video
- 29 March 2013: The Expresso newspapers publishes an article on foreign research scientists working in Portugal, including an interview of Fabien Gouyon.
- 14 December 2012: The P3 web platform of the Público, one of the main Portuguese daily newspapers writes an article about our collaboration with Honda Research Institute on the Hearbot dancing robot
- 11 December 2012: The online scientific publication Ciencia Hoje writes an article about our iOS app “Gimme Da’ Blues”
- 10 December 2012: BIT Editions writes an article about our iOS app “Gimme Da’ Blues”
- 10 December 2012: Marketeer Online writes an article about our iOS app “Gimme Da’ Blues”
- 1 December 2012: The National TV channel SIC Noticias talks about ISMIR 2012, and music technologies in Portugal, on the show “Falar Global”.
- 16 October 2012: Carlos Guedes talks about our organisation of the ISMIR 2012 Conference on Antena 1, a national radio broadcast.
- 4 April 2012: The award-winning iPhone app “GimmeDaBlues” is featured on the Portuguese national TV channel SIC Notícias, in the show “Exame Informática TV”
- 17 February 2012: The award-winning iPhone app “GimmeDaBlues” is featured on BeiraTV.
- 11 September 2011: The Público, one of the main Portuguese daily newspapers, writes an article about the success of the summer school, “Music and Technology: Loud and Clear!”, with students from 18 European countries, taught by members of our group.
- 25 August 2011: CienciaPT.net, a Portuguese daily online journal about science, technology and innovation, writes an article about the upcoming summer school, “Music and Technology: Loud and Clear!”, taught by members of our group.
- 4 February 2011: Jornal da Madeira online and Portugal Diário mention our work as part of the Kinetic project on new gestural controllers for the Gamelan.
- 29 January 2011: TVI24 (Portuguese national television channel) dedicated part of its show “Inovadores” to work done in the Kinetic and Digitópia projects. Have a look at Carlos Guedes’ and Filipe Lopes’ interview.
- 21 September 2010: In a News flash at 2PM, RTP (Portuguese national television channel) reported on results of the Kinetic project. Have a look at Carlos Guedes’ interview.
- October 2009: The monthly magazine Produção Áudio, published in Portugal, Spain and Brasil (10,000 prints), publishes an in-depth report (13 pages) on the SMC 2009 Conference.
- 13 September 2009: The weekly Portuguese magazine Pública (attached to the Público newspaper) publishes an article on the Digitópia project, a collaboration with the Casa da Música, the Universidade Católica Portuguesa and the ESMAE.
- 1 June 2009: The Portuguese monthly science magazine SuperInteressante (over 83,000 prints) mentions our work on dancing robots in a 4-pages article.
- 3 April 2009: In a News flash at 2 PM on RTP1 (Portuguese national television channel), João Oliveira and Fabien Gouyon were interviewed about our work on dancing robots in the SMC group.
- 6 March 2009: Read the Science Daily online paper titled “Autonomous Robot Dancer Identifies Dance and Music in Intelligent Manner” on our group’s research on the topic of dancing robots.
- 3 March 2009: The Expresso (Portuguese National Newspaper) mentions our work on dancing robot in its online version. Watch João Oliveira’s interview.
- 1 March 2009: The Jornal de Noticias (daily Portuguese newspaper, over 150,000 prints) writes an article on our work on robot dancing.
- 7 December 2008: The daily Portuguese newspaper Público mentions our collaboration with the Casa da Música, the Universidade Católica Portuguesa and the ESMAE in the Digitópia project.